[macvoiceover] Re: Problem with Mac Mini

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 07:38:47 -0700

Hi
Have you tried zapping the pram yet? HOld down command, option, p and r as you power the machine on. It'll chime, immediately restart, then chime again. Could be just a corrupted bit of info in the pram.

On Aug 6, 2008, at 5:58, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

It reboots before getting a chance to load. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Aug 6, 2008, at 4:56 AM, Jacob Schmude wrote:

Hi
When is it restarting? Is it restarting immediately or is it booting up for a bit and then restarting? Does the operating system load at all, or does it reboot before that can happen?

On Aug 6, 2008, at 5:07, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

Hello, I have a two-year-old Mac Mini that, when I start the machine, it keeps restarting. I have checked all connections; they are fine. I checked all outlets; they seem to be working. I even did a firmware update by holding down the on/off switch, till I hear the beep. Short of reinstalling the software, is there anything else I have missed? It was working two days ago, so I don't know what happened; I'm very careful around the work area.

Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.