[macvoiceover] Please Contact FileMaker About Accessability

  • From: Robert Munro <r.g.munro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:46:22 -0400

Hi folks.

I'm a lawyer in Virginia.  Colleagues have suggested that I use a program
called FileMaker Pro to create databases.  FileMaker is put out by the same
company that produces Bento, a less powerful database program  They seem to be
a subsidiary of Apple.

When I downloaded the trial version of FileMaker Pro, I found that it was
mostly accessible.  The only areas I could not read with Voiceover were the
menu bar, if there is one, and the scroll area where all the data fields and
their contents are displayed.  This last, of course, is the main reason for
buying the program.  Until this scroll area is readable with Voiceover, there
is no point in buying the program.

I have contacted the company to suggest that they make Bento and FileMaker Pro
fully accessible.  I would appreciate it if members of this list would chime in
support.  Here is the URL to visit.
http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html  There is a form
to fill out.  I had no trouble.

Thank you for your support.

P.S.  If there is another database program I should be looking at, please let
me know.

Onward!

Rob Munro
Attorney at Law