[macvoiceover] Nuance - PDF Converter for Mac with omnipage ocr

  • From: ".dan." <ddunfee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:45:29 +0000 (UTC)

I heard a presentation of this product on a radio computer show.

In short it manipulates pdf documents extensively to and from many formats and can edit content plus more. To use an image of a text document as text it uses omnipage ocr software.

It sells for $99 and has a free trial. Someone might want to see if it works with vo.

See it at:

http://www.nuance.com/products/pdf-converter-mac/index.htm

It is also a good ocr solution even if the file to be converted is not a pdf file. To do the ocr part it uses software on the nuance servers so there is a small local hd footprint and doesn't depend on local computer horsepower to do the job. Scan a document or use an existing file and send it off to them for conversion into text.

                               XB