[macvoiceover] Newbie: iTunes, Nano and Podcasts...

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:04:21 -0500

Hi,

This may be an RTFM but, if so, please send me a pointer to which I can FM. I absolutely love the world of Podcasts (I love music too with about a month worth of MP3 audio in my collection). I understand making playlists for music and easily get them on or off my Nano. Podcasts, however, are something of a mystery.

How does itunes determine when a Podcast has been listened to? Most of the time, when I attach the Nano, it removes some of the podcasts I've already listened to but, on some other occasions, it can't seem to figure it out. Also,

I can't seem to figure out how to get iTunes to automatically remove heard items from the Nano and then add the new ones to the Nano without human intervention. ActiveSync on Windows Mobile does all of this once one sets up the preferences, the synchronization functions as expected and I assume that itunes has such a feature but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks,
cdh