[macvoiceover] Re: Microsoft Office for the Mac Preview?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 21:46:09 -0600

Just answering my own question… LOL. I restarted my computer and now the menus
in Office for the Mac Preview work fine. VO still doesn’t recognize when text
is formatted as a heading in MS Word, which I was really hoping for.

Cheers,

Russell

On May 2, 2015, at 7:50 PM, Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I installed Microsoft Office for the Mac Preview, the April 14 version, and
was quite happy to see that there is some support for VO… finally! It still
has a long way to go however. I am able to type and read text in an MS Word
document. In Excel I am able to enter formulas, enter text and numbers in
cells, etc. The problem is that with VO I am not able to access the menus in
either Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook. I press VO M to bring up the
menubar. I can then VO right arrow to “File” “Edit”, “View” etc. but as soon
as I press VO downarrow to enter one of the menus, VO automatically jumps
into the “Apple” menu. Has anyone else tried Office for the Mac? If so, do
you have the same problem accessing the menus? Any fix for this?

Also, in Excel, VO gives no indication when you enter a cell that has a
formula. I am not able to find a way to have VO read column and row titles
either.

I’m excited to finally have VO work a little in Office… hopefully this is
just the beginning.

Cheers,

Russell