[macvoiceover] Re: Making the switch soon, but first, a few preliminary questions.

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:58:39 -0500

As far as playing the audio books at slower speed, itunes doesn't do this, but quicktime does. Quicktime comes with every mac, so you won't have any trouble finding it. Itunes can organize your music for you into folders based on artist, albums, and the like. Personally, I hate this behavior, and turn it off, but it's there if you want it. When you import stuff into itunes, it will automatically categorize it for you based on the id tags in the files (assuming the format supports it) otherwise, you can enter the information yourself just by highlighting the item in itunes, and pressing command-i to get at the info part of the item information where you can change it's name, artist, category, and more.

Hope this helps.