[macvoiceover] Lion, before you upgrade, some things to think about.

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:58:05 -0400

Hi folks,

Just like you I need to decide if I really want to upgrade to Lion, so, I have
done some looking at Lion and I will share some of what I have found.

First of all, Lion is not just an upgrade to SnowLeopard, but a serious new
rebuild by apple, which will remind you a lot of your iPhone, Ipad, or, iPod
touch.

It would seem from what has been written that Lion will have at least some new
voices

As with all serious upgrades, some of your older 3rd party apps may not work
with Lion, especially if they are older apps that came from the power PC days,
5, or, more years ago.

I have red that Rosetta, the bridge app that Apple created to allow us to use
the older apps will not be downloadable with Lion.  So if you are going to
upgrade, start looking at these older apps to find out if they are truly
written for Intel macs, or, if they are a holdover from the power PC days

If you are not running SnowLeopard, you will need SnowLeopard to use the mac
app store, at this time it looks like Lion will only be available on the mac
app store.

Right now, I still have more question than answers, but, I'm kinda thinking,
Lion.
Keith Reedy
Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from
Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.  J Hudson Taylor.