[macvoiceover] Re: Iphone: Mobie Navigator North America

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 08:50:23 -0400

It would be really hard with the way iPhone is built for AT&T to kill a specific application. At least as far as I understand it, the mobile service provider shouldn't know what application you are using. Also, even if it did know that you are running an app that competes with one of theirs, it would be public relations hell for them to prevent third party applications from running on the device.

The Justice Department is currently investigating the entire mobile service provider industry on antitrust charges stemming from exclusive handset/carrier relationships.

cdh
On Aug 6, 2009, at 7:06 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

I find this interesting since att have their own, it's surprising it'd be allowed.

On Aug 5, 2009, at 10:41 PM, John Hess wrote:

can you perhaps provide some info on it's accessibility? This would be a great find for $59. Okay, it's a great find for $99 but I'd love to grab it at $59 if you think it works welll.
On Aug 5, 2009, at 8:26 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

It's my understanding that Navigon Mobile Navigator North America is now available in something other than just a demo form. It's $69 but will go up to $99. I heard about this on a podcast at www.serotalk.com . I have the demo on my phone but will probably buy the product soon.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,