[macvoiceover] Inherited a MacBook, for the time being anyway

  • From: "Mary Anne Lynskey" <vze6ki7w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:47:49 -0500

So it's like this.  Well, my brother can't handle the learning curve with
the Mac, so I happily traded it with him for my Dell, which is a nice
computer and very fast.  So anyway, I'm getting my feet wet and have been
spending a lot of time browsing the list archives. I'll say that for anyone
who is new, this is very much worth the effort.  Really lots of good stuff
there.  I started with January and am now up to mid May just browing the
topics and reading those of interest.

I'm impressed with the friendly nature of the group and the way things seem
to stay on topic here. The mods keep good control without seeming to do so.
Anyway, thank you all for the wealth of messages with the helpful hints.
I did manage to send one message out with the Mac today. It never once crashed even though I am sure I was brutal in terms of not knowing what to do with it. I was quite impressed with the stability as opposed to the nonsense of rebooting at least 3 times a day in Windows.

Does anyone know if Quicken for Mac is accessible? I'd love to use Omnipage, but don't know if it is accessibel and don't want to put out 500 bucks right now. I've been a faithful Omnipage user since about version 9 or 10 in Windows, now on version 16, but they said I had to spend full price for the Mac version. Not quite yet!

Anyway, thank you again for the helpful archives.

Mary Anne Lynskey