[macvoiceover] Re: I don't give up on the Mac, however I do give up with Safari!

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 08:16:29 -0500

There are other browsers for the mac, shiira is a very good one, and I've used it in the past. However, it sounds to me like your safari issues are with voiceover, not safari. Yes, I know they manifest in safari, but in tiger, I have issues like that as well (though they're not nearly as bad as yours) You can try another browser, or download a new version of safari (doubt that'll solve the problem), or if you have apple care, call them and see what (if anything) they suggest. Honestly, browsing on the mac does work, and I'm sorry you're having so many problems with it. If yu can get it to work, you may have better results than on your windows machine. And, one other thing to try, turn on group navigation, there's a *lot* lot less for the vo cursor to run over in group mode, plus it reads blocks of text more or less automatically in this mode. If you're using down navigation now, group mode might solve some of your current difficulties (it sure did for me, and that's why I don't use anything but group navigation now)