[macvoiceover] Re: Help from writers using voiceover requested

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 07:34:19 -0400

use pages, set attribute changes to speak and punctuation to all. Mark up your document the way you normally would or at least as nearly so as possible within the constraints of pages and vo will speak all the info. This may not work but has the best shot at working. Otherwise, I'd write up a list of changes and use numbers for each and put the numbers in the document where they need to be made.

On Mar 28, 2009, at 9:34 PM, John Hess wrote:

Good evening to all. I received this question and am hoping that someone has an answer or recommendations. REalizing that m-s-word doesn't work on the mac. How can the following be done in text edit or perhaps nisus writer or iworks? Thanks.
a prospective client who is blind. He
uses a text editor for Mac and "Voice Over," an application that
speaks as he types. Normally, I use change tracking in MS Word, which shows
my additions to a manuscript in blue and my deletions in red with a
strike-through crossing out the deleted words. Obviously, that won't work
for this client!

Do you have any suggestions? How can I make corrections that he can "see" (hear)? How will he know that I've corrected his spelling or punctuation or
that I've added, changed, or deleted words?
John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab