[macvoiceover] Re: GarageBand 6 with Voiceover, I am excited about recording all over again.

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 21:39:01 +0000

Hey Keith,
Thanks for such a fantastic guide; it's much appreciated and has really helped out!
Ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog160:
http://www.blog160.com

On 01/01/2011 20:54, Keith Reedy wrote:
Hi folks,

I am on Vacation and my lovely wife gave me the GarageBand Jam pack Rhythm
section for Christmas and I have some time to play.

Normally, I don't use loops much, but, I have a project that has been underway
for way over 2 years and I have never gotten musicians in the studio to plug in
the parts.  Well I have found most everything I need in the Jam pack and the
way to use this is all in the guide from here,
http://www.icanworkthisthing.com/docs/mac_with_voiceover/audio/GarageBand_6_with_Voiceover_editing_using_loops_and_more.shtml
A list of keyboard commands are at the bottom of the guide.

I have found that while the Apple loops are excellent, they are not always
exactly what I need, so, some of the loops needed to be edited, but, by
splitting regions and deleting the parts I don't need it works quite well. I
have most of the loops on separate tracks.  This makes it much easier to color
your loop to your taste and you can use several tracks in GB as long as they
are not full tracks, a loop does not take up much room on a track.  Where the
same kind of loops need to be grouped on to one track, then I have cut the loop
from the original track and pasted it on the track where I want it.

I want to thank those of you who have taken the time to send me input for the
guide.  once I set down to use GarageBand 6, I don't know what I would have
done with out that, I guess I would have had to set down and learn it again.

If you are going to be using GarageBand 6 please get the guide,
http://www.icanworkthisthing.com/docs/mac_with_voiceover/audio/GarageBand_6_with_Voiceover_editing_using_loops_and_more.shtml
Keith Reedy
Please visit this page and click "Like" if you like!
http://m.facebook.com/pages/Keith-Reedy/114181261930792?fbb=rd45a72d7&refid=46