[macvoiceover] Fwd: Switching to the Mac from other platforms

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:18:11 -0500

I think that this will be a real help to some of our newer folks.

Keith Reedy

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dane Trethowan <grtdane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: February 27, 2008 2:42:06 PM GMT-05:00
To: <mac-access@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Switching to the Mac from other platforms

Hi list!
The following may be helpful for those of you who are considering the switch to the Mac or who know people who are considering the change. I did a Podcast segment on Blind Cool Tech http://www.blindcooltech.com which describes the Macbook, take a look at the wide variety of material available whilst your visiting. That Podcast was submitted quite some time ago and since that time, I've done a couple more in the series, they've both been submitted to Blind Cool Tech but (for whatever reason) they haven't been released so I've uploaded them onto sendspace for anyone who may be interested. The first is an interview I conducted with a very bright person who made the switch to the Mac from the PC, some of what she says may be helpful to those "starting out" on the Mac road, the link to download this episode is http://www.sendspace.com/file/jld65r I'm going to upload another podcast segment in a few seconds, this one describes the Imac computer, if you like its a follow-on from the discussion of the Macbook which you'll find on the Blind Cool Tech site. Again, I hope these Podcasts do help some people as that was the intention in the first place. I welcome your feedback.