[macvoiceover] Fwd: Responding to Apple

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 19:56:56 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Accessibility <accessibility@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: November 9, 2007 5:41:57 PM EST
To: discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Responding to Apple

Dear MacVisionaries:

Apple is delighted at the interest in VoiceOver shown on this list and that there is such an active group like MacVisionaries engaged in helping each other answer questions, discuss issues, and teach each other how they use VoiceOver. Apple is actively engaged with its customers and is eager to listen and encourages you to file bugs and send feedback and ask questions about Apple products.

Please be assured that every message sent to the accessibility@xxxxxxxxx email address is read, and read by a person not a machine. As you might imagine, Apple gets a lot of email about a variety of subjects and while it may not be possible to respond to every letter, most senders to accessibility@xxxxxxxxx get a response— even Dan Keys ;-)

Subject:        Re: Filing Accessibility-related Bugs with Apple
Date:   Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:16:36 -0800
From:   Dan Keys <dnkeys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Rich and list,
I'd like to make an obxervation regarding my experiences with Apple's
Accessibility Group.
Never in the numerous times that I've written to
accessibility@xxxxxxxxx
have I ever got a responce. It would be better for someone to respond
to email, than to never respond. I know that a few people have
received replies from Apple's Accessibility group, but I sure never
have. It kind of gives the appearance that they don't want anything to
do with the customers who use Apple's products, in particular,
VoiceOver or any other accessibility applications.