[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: GQW: accessibility mac skype <<#1290987-1837155#>>

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 07:11:24 -0600

Don't worry, this behavior isn't limited to skype.
I've contacted att.net about a hacker on their network that was causing problems for one of my domains, and was flatly told that the problem is mine.
<shrug>
Takes all kinds I guess.
On Feb 5, 2008, at 6:32 AM, The BlindTechs Network wrote:

this is a forwared email from skype support, basically saying that we are stuck with the half ass accessibility we have now in skype and it is not a priority on adding keyboard short cuts, or any other corrective accessibloity tagging for skype. for example the missed events and the time stamp info for voicemails etc aren't readable by voiceover.

if you want more accesibility considerations taken for skype. please write the email address
support@xxxxxxxxx

thanks.
The BlindTechs Network
www.theblindtechsnetwork.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
623-565-9357 (phoenix Arizona voice)
(206) 984-9484 (Fax Phone)
562-219-2309 (Los Angeles California voice)

Begin forwarded message:

From: Anniki - Skype Support <support@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: February 5, 2008 5:11:52 AM GMT-07:00
To: <theblindtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GQW: accessibility mac skype <<#1290987-1837155#>>

Hello Gabe,

Thank you for contacting Skype Support.

Thank you for the feedback. It is very important to us and we also thank you very much for being our customer. Unfortunately there are priorities for every task, therefore we are not able to tell you when something will be ready.

We apologise for the inconvenience

Thank you for using Skype.

Best regards,

Anniki E.
Skype Support

Visit www.skype.com for latest news, updates and tips.

From: Gabe Vega <theblindtech@xxxxxxxxx>
To: support@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: GQW: accessibility mac skype

Name:       Gabe Vega
Skype Name: theblindtech
E-mail:     theblindtech@xxxxxxxxx
Topic:      Technical (sound, video, connection, etc.)
Subtopic:   Other
Subject:    accessibility mac skype
Message:
Items aren't read by Voiceover, built in screen reader in Mac OS X.
missed events, and history tables/lists are announced as unknown item.
dates and times are not readable on events. I am a skype pro
subscriber. No keyboard short cuts options are available in mac
version. Accessibility is great in windows operating system for skype
but we need same considderation for mac users who are blind and use
skype with VoiceOver screen reader.

Skype Version: 2.6.0.184
Language: en
Browser:    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-us)
AppleWebKit/523.10.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Safari/523.10.6
IP address: 68.227.241.224

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
<<#1290987-1837155#>>