[macvoiceover] Re: Fire IRC chat

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:56:36 -0500

Corrected message.
Hello every one,

Here are the instructions for entering an IRC chat room with fire.

There is a speech sub menu under edit in files, but I don't know how well it works.
snip!

How do I enter an irc chat room?
To enter an irc chat room, you need to create an irc “buddy” to serve as a bookmark for that room. This irc buddy will be displayed in your buddies list, and you can enter the room by simply double clicking on the “buddy.” The steps are as follows:
Choose “Add Buddy…” from the Buddies menu
Name the buddy with the name of the room (without the “#”) and leave the Alias blank. (e.g. for the room #fire, you would put “fire” as the buddy name) Choose “irc” as the Service and choose the Group you’d like the channel to appear in Save the new buddy, and you’re done! The buddy (bookmark for this room) will appear in your Buddies List

Keith