[macvoiceover] Eset Cyber security for Mac apparently is updating

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:43:46 -0500

I filed for support with customer care but now I think i've figured most of it
out.

Open your cyber security system dialog or else the application. Do cmd-comma
for preferences. Then go into the toolbar and click user. One of the choices
will be for context menu and another is for user interface. I'm not actually
sure what worked to make things more visible but in the interface I checked
advanced mode and checked present in dock. I checked it to use standard menu in
both standard and advanced mode. I wondered if I should eliminate the splash
screen at startup and may try that but left it alone for now. Then in context
menu tab I checked "integrate into the context menu" though it isn't now
actually showing using bokeys-m in the menus along with things like airport and
volume, etc.  I then restarted my computer. Now, instead of having to open the
eset cyber security app or go into the application chooser or window chooser to
access it, it is open and can be found using cmd-tab as I cycle through
applications. When in the window I can use vokeys-m and go into menus and
choose "about" under the eset column. If I click "more info" it shows all the
installed modules and it does indeed show the current signature database; there
is another update module that does indeed show the march 2009 but that
apparently does not mean the program is not updating. I'm sorry this is
confusing; that's because I still don't know exactly what worked to give me the
more accessible view. You will have to play with it. I did get a call from eset
while typing this email and I suggested that they might want to take a look at
the app in relation to voiceover.

Hth and I appologize for the rather confused account; if/when the steps become
more clear to me, I'll post again.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth