[macvoiceover] Re: Embedded speech commands in VoiceOver (fwd)

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:59:39 -0500

Further, if you listen to the pronunciation you can tell because it iis different with and without the space. This notwithstanding, I've learned something quite sugnificant today because of this.

Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:44:17 -0600 (CST)
From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the
    blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Embedded speech commands in VoiceOver

This is really interesting.

However, while newbies probably wouldn't know this immediately, it should be easy enough for people to check the spelling of gregkearney in an email by reading letter by letter--ctrl-option-shift-right/left- arrows. Is this for some reason not working in Apple mail for some people? Admittedly, I am currently using Pine most of the time so I can use braille, but i just tried this in apple mail and it worked for me. The only major problem I see with this is that if you use infovox or Cepstral voices, you can't tell which letters are capitalized.

--
Cheryl

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover- request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover