[macvoiceover] Re: DVD's and Voiceover

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:57:56 -0600

Softcon dvd player allows you to use the arrow keys to move between titles on a dvd. It will get hung up in some situations, but generally, you can move from title to title and select the one you want to watch, simply by pressing up/down arrows.

Softcon dvd player can be found at the softcon mac pages.
http://www.softcon.com/mac/
The documentation is in pdf format, so should be relatively easy to read. If you have any problems, feel free to post here, or email me directly if it's not of general interest, and I'll see what can be done. Softcon dvd player is a direct result of apple's dvd player being less than accessible for most things, though it's gotten better in leopard, it's still a long way short of full navigation. Softcon dvd player cheats though, it will allow sighted folks to navigate menus, but vo users will have to select the first item, then arrow through the rest of them. I've considered a goto command (I.E. go to track number 6) option, but that's not yet been tested, so don't know if I can make it work or not, shouldn't be a problem though, if folks think this would be a useful feature, let me know, and I'll see about adding it.

Anyway, hope this helps.
On Feb 16, 2008, at 6:16 PM, Jim Fettgather wrote:

Hi to the list.
Is there a voice over compatible program that will allow you to play and navigate through the titles on a standard DVD? For example, a commercially bought DVD set containing TV seasons and episode titles?
Thanks a lot.