[macvoiceover] Re: DTBmaker 2.0 with support for Apple speech manager

  • From: "Jane Jordan (gmail)" <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:41:33 -0500

I don't mean to sound silly, but how do I get to the public folder?
Jane

On Feb 6, 2007, at 4:48 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

DTBmaker 2.0 with support for Apple Speech Manager voices is ready for for testing you can download the installer named DTBmaker.2.dmg from my iDisk public folder. My iMac user name is: gregkearney

this will install the current version of DTBmaker in a directory called DTBmaker in the applications directory as well as a new directory called dtbmaker-sm

DTBmaker-sm is a Macintosh Universial binary program which uses the MacOS Speech manager service to produce the recordings. This means that it can use the built in apple voices or any voice that appears under speech manager including those from Cepstral and Acapela as well as others. this provides support for scandinavian as well as other languages. It also means that book can be produced without having to purchase any voices as the MacOS included several voices as default. This program will work with the new Alex voice.

Instruction are included for using Apple Speech manager embedded controls. Which permit embedding commands to control pitch, rate and other voice controls with in your text. there are version of the program which will create DAISY 2.02 DAISY/NISO 2002 and 2005 books.

As this program requires Apple Speach Manager to run it is a Mac only program but the source code is included.

Greg Kearney
307-577-2473

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover- request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover