[macvoiceover] Correcting a wrongly typed WEP key to join a network

  • From: Sunil Peck <sunilpeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 21:18:36 +0000

Hi,

I've been a MacBook Pro user for less than 24 hours and was hoping to
familiarise myself with the Mac by practicing navigating on websites
I've been using with a PC for ages.

Anyway, I think I must have typed in the WEP key for my home network
last night when I was doing the initial Mac set up with keyboard
language and email address etc. So as a consequence I can't connect to
the internet even though I have a full signal strength.

I've gone to network in system preferences and found my network which
is checked. But I can't work out how to access the option that will
enable me to re-enter the WEP key. That might be because I'm not doing
the correct keystroke.

So I'd be grateful for instructions on what keystroke I need once I've
located my home network in system preferences so I can key in the
right password and access the internet.

Thanks a lot

Sunil