[macvoiceover] Re: Brailleblaster Braille translation for the mac?

  • From: Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Voiceover Mac <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 19:01:50 -0400

CJ,

Thanks for the info. I will send it to one of the shop computers and give it a
good work out.

Thanks again my friend.
kr
We are Braille Bible printers,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On May 24, 2015, at 10:55 PM, CJ Daniel <cj_daniel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Keith,

Just got to myMac, after spending the day @ church & with the wife & kids. I
looked up the email info. In short, you create a new MSG addressed to
convert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. In the subject line you type in the format you wish
to have the attached document converted to. I.E. Braille, HTML, Doc, Text,
PDF, etc. Then, you attach the file in question. Lastly, of course, you
send the document off for conversion. Depending on the size of the document
& the system’s usage load, you should have the document back within minutes,
hours, & occasionally the next morning.

I tend to send PDF’s, found on the web, that are manuals for amps or
processors I’ve purchased. Its been pretty helpful. I’d suggest you send a
test doc to see how the conversion goes.

Lastly, here’s a link outlining both using the user interface & emailing.
The emailing part is towards the end.

http://blindhow.com/posts/670#content

Hope this helps,

CJ

On May 23, 2015, at 9:19 PM, Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

CJ Headed for the rack as well, Church in the morning. We can leave this on
the list unless some one would rather we not. It will be good to find out
what you know. Thanks.
kr
We print the Bible in Braille,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On May 23, 2015, at 11:51 PM, CJ Daniel <cj_daniel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Keith,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We spent most of the day
throwing a birthday for my wife’s spinster aunt. Anyway, it’s late & I
need to get to bed for church in the A.M. So, tomorrow I’ll check my notes
or dig around & find the various email addresses. As I recall there’s
about6 or 7 various options. As for formatting, I’m not that particular
for manuals. But, I’m sure we could figure it out. And, I’d love to help
in the effort.

Sincerely,

CJ

On May 23, 2015, at 6:28 AM, Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

CJ,

I am leaving this thread on the list. It is certainly Voiceover related
and I think it may be of some help to some one.

I have had no real trouble with the site but it would be good to know how
to contact the correct braille engine, would you pass that information
along.

Question,
Do you just type your stuff in TextEdit?

I am so glad to hear that Robo braille is an option and that it works so
well for you. Thanks again.
kr
We print the Bible in Braille,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson
Taylor.

On May 22, 2015, at 11:37 PM, CJ Daniel <cj_daniel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Keith,

First, thanks for the emails. You were right! I couldn’t tell that the
piano was spliced together from loops. I particularly liked the second
song, Gett’er Done. Quite a bit, actually.

Anyway, that being said, have you considered Robo Braille, the free email
service in Denmark? I use it quite a bit for manuals, books, & such. If
you’re up on it, then sorry for the redundant info. Otherwise FYI, I’ve
had some trouble with the site, but then I learned to just attach the
file in question, email to the appropriate Robo Braille engine, & wait
for a couple of hours for the translated file to return to me.

Anyway, hope this is food for thought,

CJ

P.S. Thanks again for the land-line help.

On May 22, 2015, at 7:12 PM, Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Deb and thanks for doing the search. I am aware of the sites and I
have been watching them but I was hoping some one mite have an update or
maybe a translator that they are using.

Thanks much.
kr
We print the Bible in Braille,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson
Taylor.

On May 22, 2015, at 8:03 PM, Deb Trevino <debra_trevino@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Here's what I found:

BrailleBlaster is a joint project of
ViewPlus Technologies,
American Printing House for the Blind,
and
Abilitiessoft.
It is a multi-platform Braille production system and has a clean
intuitive
user interface. It is powerful enough to be used in the most demanding
Braille
production environments and simple enough for anyone to create Braille
documents quickly and easily.

BrailleBlaster is currently under development. You are invited to visit
the
project page at
http://code.google.com/p/brailleblaster/.
Please consider contributing some of your time and talents to this free
and
open-source project.

BrailleBlaster Features
list of 10 items
. Simple yet powerful user interface.
. Create anything from simple Braille documents to complex Braille
textbooks
and technical material.
. Natively uses various XML document types such as EPUB, NIMAS, and
DAISY.
. Supports accessibility features such as image descriptions and tactile
graphics.
. Supports translation of MathML to Nemeth, UK Math, and Marburg math.
. Dynamic editing environment, providing both text and braille views.
. Runs on Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems.
. Fully accessible to users of screen readers.
. Optimized for users with low vision.
. Supports multiple languages.
list end

I haven't tried it as I'm not good enough with the Mac yet.