[macvoiceover] Re: Add Item to Dock and Automator

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Beth Janes <mjanes@xxxxxxxxx>, Mike Shebanek <shebanek@xxxxxxxxx>, Iain Murray <i.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:24:16 -0700

Opps here is the URL http://w3.wmcnet.org/vo/workflows
Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-224-4022
gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Feb 25, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Tim Kilburn wrote:

Hi Greg,

Did you mean to attach a file or point folks to a specific web- location for this action. There doesn't appear to be any such items in this message.

I do have this exact process along with a "Read Me" available for download from:

http://homepage.mac.com/kilburns/voiceover/downloads.html

I probably forgot to mention it though on the list. Of course, I'm not claiming any ownership of this process, just thought I'd check if you meant to point people anywhere for your solution.

Later...

On 25-Feb-08, at 5:35 PM, Greg Kearney wrote:

This is a combination of a new command line program, Add Item to Dock (http://lucidsystems.org/luciddocktools.html) and a workflow for the Finder, addtodock. Used together they permit the blind user to add items selected in the finder to the dock. Add the workflow to the Finder and it will appear under the Automator submenu of selected items.

It's free.

Greg Kearney
535 S. Jackson St.
Casper, Wyoming 82601