[macvoiceover] Accessing a network storage drive in Leopard

  • From: John Panarese <tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:22:11 -0500

Hi Folks,
I bought a 500 gb network storage drive that is accessed wirelessly on my home network by my Windows boxes. In Tiger, I was able to access the drive with my iBook and Mac Book,and manipulate files. For some reason, since I've jumped to Leopard, I can see the volume, but I cannot open it. Nothing has changed about the drive, and I can't figure out why I can't open it in Leopard at all. It's not a major "problem", but I was hope someone might have a suggestion about a setting or such that is different in Leopard.

Thanks

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

AUTHORIZED APPLE BUSINESS AGENT
MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING