[macvoiceover] A great tool, the item chooser!

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:27:42 -0400

One of the best features about the MAC is the item chooser, VO keys- i. It is great for the web. Lets say that you are on a weather page and you want to find the text forecast. Use the item chooser, and start typing text and you will be presented with a list of all of the things that have the word text in them. Land on the one you want, press VO keys-space bar and start reading. You can do the same thing with headings or what ever you are looking for on a busy page.

I use it a good deal to find links that I have visited, by typing the word visited and it gives me a list of all of the links that I have visited on that page. What a time saver.