[macvisionaries] Re: checking in

  • From: Andrew Lamanche <ioanidis@xxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 21:02:58 +0100

I hope so too, Jim. I've not heard from Tyler yet regarding the name. Then we
could figure out how to get the message out to VO users about this new list.

By the way, have you upgraded to iOS 9 yet? I've just upgraded my ipad mini
but I won't have time to play with it tonight - busy working and busy over the
next couple of days.

Best wishes

Andrew

On 16 Sep 2015, at 21:38, Jim Gatteys <jgatteys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It would be cool if this list really takes off.
Jim

On Sep 16, 2015, at 11:44 AM, Andrew Lamanche <ioanidis@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Mary and All,

After I had pressed the "send" button, I realised that the second group name
"Apple4All" would be more appropriate for the same reasons you mentioned.
Let's hope everybody is in favour and that the change is not going to be a
problem for Tyler. Then we will have to make sure this info gets to more
people looking for discussion groups like ours.

Best wishes

Andrew
On 16 Sep 2015, at 14:50, Mary Otten <motten53@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you want the list to be about Mac things only, no iPhones iPads etc.,
then the list name should have something about Mac in the title. Otherwise,
Apple for all might be a good title. Or at least something that shows you
are open to content other than just Mac. On that other list, right now
there is a big flap over that very subject. The list says Mac visionaries,
but the culture of the list has always been more inclusive. Having the
title of the list indicate the scope of the subject might be a good thing.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2015, at 3:26 AM, Jim Gatteys <jgatteys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Probably now would be a good time. Always turmoil on that other list it
seems like.
jg

On Sep 16, 2015, at 2:10 AM, Andrew Lamanche <ioanidis@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ty,

If we were to decide to rename the list, now it would be the time to do
this as there are still few of us.

It would be good to hear from the others what they feel about a different
name keeping in mind the objections that the other original
macvisionaries list members had raised. I wrote to you shortly after you
had started the list with a suggestion for an alternative name but did
not hear back. You have just explained that you were unable to be in
touch. I think I suggested "AccessibleMac" or as an alternative
"Apple4All" and this is with number 4 not the word for.

Let's decide quickly. The advantage of such a name change would be to
lessen a possible confusion between the two lists.

Best wishes

Andrew