[mac4theblind] Re: urgent MBA help needed!

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:49:00 -0400

   Agreed.  The installation became corrupt and there is no system disk that
can be located.  As an alternative, you could try starting the Mac in Target
disk mode by holding down the t key with it connected to a healthy Mac and then
see if it, at least, can mount on the healthy Mac so you can use disk utility
to erase the disk and do a fresh install.  However, chances are, the "sick"
Mac's system disk won't be able to mount on the healthy one.  Even so,, it's
still worth a shot if you have the time and inclination.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION