[mac4theblind] Re: enabling voice over on apple TV

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 09:37:26 -0500

there is a more direct trick though for starting vo when you first start apple
tv for the first time but I don't know what it is.  It was designed to prevent
this type of difficulty assuming it is always on after that.

On Dec 16, 2012, at 6:29 PM, "Kliphton" <kliphton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got this answer from another list.  To enable or disable voice over on the
apple TV.  Hold down the menu button, if voice over is on, there will be 2
choices, voice over is always going to be first, if you hit the enter or ok
button, it will turn voice over off, if voice over is off, holding it down will
do the same thing, stay where you are and hit the enter or okay button, and
voice over will come back on.  In order for this to work, you must enable voice
over accessibility in the settings, general, voice over area.  The second
option will always be go back to main menu.  This has worked anywhere on the
apple TV for me except in YouTube, all I did is hit the menu button twice to
get to main menu, and then tried again and it worked.  HTH

Kliphton Senior
(Email&iMessage) kliphton@xxxxxxxxx
(Twitter&Skype) kliphton72
(Personal blog-read at your own risk!) http://kliphskorner.wordpress.com