[mac4theblind] Re: disappearing mailboxes after upgrading to mountain lion

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 18:44:22 -0500

you will also need to switch to classic view, this is found under the viewing
options in preferences.

On Dec 31, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx> wrote:

hey jenny. when you upgraded to mountain lion, mail has changed, so this means
the old view of mail in lion or snow leopard has been changed. if it's the case
of the mailbox sidebar disappearing then here's how to resolve it.

Press Command Shift M to show mailbox tabs. this should show you your mailboxes
if not already doing so.
Mailboxes are organised to directories and sub directories so as an example,
inbox may have a number of email accounts listed, so there's a disclosure
triangle there, collapse it so it shows all items.

if this doesn't work, it may be a case that mail may have been reset, so you
may need to go to mail preferences and ensure your accounts are there and
active. if you get stuck after this, reply and I'll do what I can with you.

a happy new year

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.

On 31 Dec 2012, at 19:11, Jenny Keller <jlperdue3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded to mountain lion a few days ago, and the mailboxes that used to be
> there aren't any more.  Including a very important one which has important
> information that I need to do some service work for my church.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hands-on technolog(eye)s
Touching the internet
Reducingtechnology's' Disabilities