[mac4theblind] creating an application key for spell checking with Fusion 4?

  • From: Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 22:16:17 +0100

Hi all, I'll just come straight to the point.
Obviously there is no application key on Mac portable computers. So beside's
buying an external USB/Bluetooth windows keyboard to just perform that one
function, Is there any way I can assign a key on my Mac Book Pro to act as an
application key? I know we have shift F10 but for the purpose of wanting to
spell check words individually once I get Word on the Windows side of things
for my Mac, I would go the mis-spelt word in question and hit my application
key and be given a list of choices to choose from and the shift F10 command
doesn't work for this purpose. I know we have F7 but I'd rather spell check my
words as I go along. For me, doing it this way, I can keep a track of where I
am in the document instead of doing word by word in a dialog box.

I hope this makes sense and if anyone knows of a way I can create this, I will
truely appreciate it!

Thanks