[mac4theblind] Re: VPN's

  • From: Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:05:01 -0400

You know one other option to go with if you want to have a more flexible
solution but don’t mind spending some money is setting up your own firewall
with VPN clients.
The upside is you can easily share what you want, you control the keys and
secure the environment to your own standards and you learn a valuable job skill
/ have a valuable test environment if you’re in a technical profession.

Costs can be from under $100 on the consumer side on up to the sky’s the limit
if you want high end hardware.

Also no monthly fees once you set up your environment.

Definitely a project for a moderate to advanced user or someone not afraid to
learn and get their feet wet with more advanced networking.

On Jun 29, 2015, at 8:38 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It worked well a few months ago when I tried it. It actually worked
flawlessly. I secured my home wireless on my machine even though it is
secured by default. . It is very much well worth it.
On Jun 29, 2015, at 5:23 PM, Angus MacKinnon <flodabay@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sarah

I ran into problems with Cloak on OS 10.9.5. I did not tried the IOS App. I
got busy working on the iMac version before my free trial ran out. The iMac
version should run much better. Cloak might work with IOS 8.3 or the soon to
be released IOS 8.4.

Vaquero and the human Angus