[mac4theblind] Re: VMWare Fusion 6 standard

  • From: "Sam Negron" <samuel_negron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:59:28 -0500

It's kinda funny. I installed Windows in VMware, assuming I wouldn't give up certain aspects of Windows, but I find myself only using Windows when I need access to files I've been too lazy to transfer, and then it's on my old Windows laptop.

I listened to the new FS cast about JAWS 15, and it really does sound neat, but I think, in a lot of ways, it's too little too late, at least for me. There are loads of people who will never give up Windows and JAWS. I also thought it was funny that FS is touting new JAWS features VO has, and from what I can tell, has had for a very long time now.

Also, my wife is a PC gamer, and we need a new PC, so really, I'll always be a part-time Windows user.

That being said, I can't wait for that VMware 6 write up. $30 is a decent price to update and have Windows on my machine, when I need it, but no sense upgrading if the changes are only superficial.

-----Original Message----- From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2013 10:46 AM
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mac4theblind] Re: VMWare Fusion 6 standard

Lol. I'll just order from overstock.com as they will have it for $29 and on a dvd and flash stick. plus I'm a member of a reporisity where I can get the software easier, and I can hardly understand the people at vmware fusion their accent is as thick as mashed marbles.

Tc and good luck.
On Sep 7, 2013, at 11:54 PM, Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx> wrote:

sorry, someone just made me laugh there. cheers.

It doesn't matter how hard you try with certain companies to persuade / encourage them to implement an accessibility redesign / implementation. it costs money, downtime on a site that brings in an income, etc. so they don't really give a hoot. simple thing is phoning the company up to order products. that's what I do with certain trades.

lew

On 8 Sep 2013, at 03:05, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’m not a vm customer smart ass.

On Sep 7, 2013, at 1:13 PM, George B <gbmagoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well then stop your complaining and do it