[mac4theblind] Two Movie Encoding Questions

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgilland1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 21:30:14 -0400

1.  I have a store bought DVD, that I bought from Wallie's World... LOL!... I?
mean, WallMart... about a year ago of a favorite TV series of mine.  How can I,
under Snow Leo either natively, or! with 3rd party apps, convert the DVD to my
hard drive, get it into my ITunes, and then get it over onto my IPod/IPad?

2.  Finally, I also have a home video a friend sent me that is an A V I file, I
think, it's either A V I, or MPeg don't remember which, but it's definitely!
one a the two.  Anyway, how can I take that file, and burn it to a DVD which
then could be played on my television's stand alone DVD player?

Remember, I know Sarah Alowami did a podcast on converting and ripping a DVD to
audio.  that's not what I want to do.  I don't want just the audio.  I want the
video picture to also be preserved.

Thanks.

Chris.