[mac4theblind] Still Struggling to Get ITunes

  • From: "Eric SS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:28:23 -0400

I am not all that into music, so although I have been using ITunes for
almost two years, I still don't understand most of it. This is just my most
recent challenge.

I am creating playlists from my music jaunras. The idea is to be able to
only put those tunes from a jaunra I really like into a playlist so they are
on my Iphone.

So, I create the playlist -- Folk/Rock, for example. I then go to music and
highlight my folk/rock jaunra and select all songs in it and copy them to
the newly created playlist. I then go to the playlist itself and begin
editing by deleting the tracks I don't want.

What I am noticing is a whole lot of duplicate titles. I have entered on the
duplicates to be sure they both play, and I have made sure they are not the
same title from two different albums.

This is just an observation not proven, but it seems many of these
duplicates are of songs I would play most often. That is the only thing I
can figure is going on.

If anyone has ideas what is causing this problem, it would be helpful. If
you have found any good walk-through of using Itunes, that would be
fantastic. I have found a few, but none of them has broken through my dense
brain so I really get what is going on.

Thanks for anything!

Oh, I use Windows XP and JAWS 10 or NVDA and keep Itunes updated.

Again, thanks!

Eric