[mac4theblind] Repairing permitions

  • From: Tracy Duffy <tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 17:43:15 -0400

Can someone please explain, probably off list, what actually is happening when
you do a repair permitions? I mean I don't want all the technical details, but
what is happening and why do permitions differ in the first place? I just ran a
repair permitions and it fixed a ton of stuff, so I'm wondering what it was
doing and why they needed to be fixed to start with. Thanks.

tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx
Isaiah 2:11 Human pride will be brought down,
      and human arrogance will be humbled.
   Only the LORD will be exalted
      on that day of judgment.