[mac4theblind] Re: Oldest iPhone Model Suitable for iOS 9x and Accessibility Solutions

  • From: MJ Williams <matthewjwilliams101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:52:41 +0000

It's all right, Scott, water under the bridge, my friend.

Cheers, Matthew

On 25/11/2015, Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’m 2 for 2 here, my spell check also changed your name from Rajmund to
Raymond.:)
Sorry about the confusion there.

On Nov 25, 2015, at 1:34 PM, Rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Scott,
Its OK (smiles).

From: MJ Williams <matthewjwilliams101@xxxxxxxxx>
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:32 pm
Accessibility Solutions

First of all, there is no need for rudeness.

Secondly, I was not referring to the scenes at the Walmart store in
California, I was talking about the scenes of pandemonium in shops up
and down my country, the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

Honestly, some people.

Matthew

On 25/11/2015, rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
Hmm, this will be my first phone. :) I don't keep music on devices,
but I
have a few app ideas, and I love games. Would the 12/16 GB be enough?
Oh, I
don't use Blex, so that's another GB saved up.

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 25 Nov 2015, at 4:47 p.m., Scott Granados
<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

So it depends on your usage model. If you like to store a lot of
content
with you and don't have access to the network then go larger. If
you
however like to stream and are attached to good quality networks then
you
can save the memory size and leave everything in the cloud. I
usually
myself buy the middle or 64GB model which I find is a good amount.
believe in the 6 and on the 16GB model is replaced with a 32GB as
the
smallest option, 64 is the middle and 128 is the largest. If you
can
afford it, I'd go 6S or 6S+. I have the 6S+ myself and it's
absolutely
fantastic.

On Nov 25, 2015, at 11:40 AM, rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello,
I'm also looking into the iPhones. I, however, am not going below
the 5s.
And at this point, don't want a 6, but that's just me. Anyone has
any
ideas whether the 16 (actually 12) GB is enough, or would one be
better
off with a 32 GB, which is about 28 GB, I'll assume?

Sent from an iPad. Please excuse any spelling errors.

On 25 Nov 2015, at 2:23 p.m., Scott Granados
<scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thereth""s two questions here. Technically, the oldest phone you
could
use to meet your needs is the 4S. This however is not enough phone
and
thereth""s no reason to buy one of these. Ith""d go much newer.
You
didnth""t give us a budget but if you go with a contract you can
have
phones for as low as free, if you go with a finance plan you could
have
one of the high end new phones for a few bucks a month. Depends
also on
how long you want to keep the phone in service. If you say years
then
Ith""d probably go with a newer or the newest model and pay the
money.
If this is just a curiosity and youth""ll soon replace it then go
with an
older model.
As for memory, if you want to do most things in the cloud like I
do
then go with less, if you want to cary a lot with you and store a
lot
locally go with more, up to 128 MB now. All that said, I
personally
would not go any older than 5S, Ith""d get the 6S+ financed as my
primary
option or buy a lesser model depending on the actual budget.

Hope that helps.

On Nov 25, 2015, at 5:05 AM, MJ Williams
<matthewjwilliams101@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Friends,

Black Friday's coming up, and so I thought I'd join the rest of
the
capitalist rat race and look for a bargain or two to bag. What
I'd
really like is an iPhone for running the usual Accessibility
components
-- Voiceover, Alex, Blind Square, KNFB Reader. So, the question
is,
what is the oldest iPhone model suitable for these use cases?
What is
the minimum storage capacity that one could choose for the same
purpose?

Kind regards, Matthew

Sent from a Braille Sense

Sent from a Braille Sense