[mac4theblind] Re: MAIL sound missing in Yosemite

  • From: Jamie Pauls <jamie.pauls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 07:52:56 -0600

If you have audio ducking enabled, that is probably why you are not hearing the
sound. If voiceover is speaking, the sound is so low I sometimes don't hear it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2015, at 10:26 PM, Leslie Stephens <leslie956@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Update: I think I may have heard the noise, just barely. Is ther e a
separate volume control for the sounds? Never had to deal with this before.

Hi, List,
Just wondering… what happened to the Swoosh noise when an email is sent? I
finally updated to Yosemite from Lion and miss it. Is there a way to get
it back? I looked around but did not find it in a few of the preference
panes.

I also notice that when I enter a preference tab, the VO cursor is a few
items into the list rather than being at the start. Curious.

Thanks.