[mac4theblind] Re: Is there a quicker way of typing punctuation with the default IOS Keyboard?

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 18:41:37 -0400

Hi Daniel,
:-)
Dictation is fast, easy to use, and highly accurate.
If you know how.
I use whatever works.
I'm using dictation to write this message on my iPod touch five.

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time

On Apr 9, 2013, at 5:25 PM, Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, my reason for asking this question is because I've been doing some
testing and when I type words like don't, isn't haven't etc. I've noticed that
this sometimes works as expected for me. Is this the auto correct feature in
IOS?

Well since this, I was wondering being a voiceover user, is there any current
way where we can get to punctuation quicker using the IOS keyboard instead of
having to find the symbols/numbers button? I've heard that for someone sighted
to type a period at the end of a sentence all they need to do is double tap the
space bar and they would get a period. I haven't actually asked someone I know
sighted to comferm this but since this wouldn't work with voiceover because of
our double tap gesture it got me thinking/wondering and I thought I'd just to
ask you guys if you know of anything.

Is there is no such way that voiceover users know of then that's fine. I'll
just use Fleksy because I like the way that works for punctuation I would try
to use the default IOS Keyboard but I don't want to have to keep constantly
going to the numbers button just to type a dot, question mark etc. Sure I could
use dictation but that's not my style. Just the way I am. LOL

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!