[mac4theblind] Re: Iphone and internet

  • From: Tracy Duffy <tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 19:01:38 -0400

Well I hesitate to do this since the problem has only occurred a couple of
times. I’ll keep that in mind though if it happens more frequently. Thank you.

On Oct 12, 2015, at 6:13 PM, Shawn Krasniuk <bbsshawn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Tracy. Have you tried resetting your network settings? In most cases, that
will fix any connection issues you may have. The down side to this method is
you will have to re-enter your wifi password, but they may fix your issue.
HTH.

Shawn
Sent From My White MacBook
Facebook Username: Shawn Krasniuk
Twitter Handle: shawnk_aka_bbs
Skype username: bbstheblindrapper
Facetime: bbsshawn@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bbsshawn@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Oct 12, 2015, at 4:05 PM, Tracy Duffy <tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

It’s a 5 s and the most recent IOS. The problem is intermittent. For
example, it happened this morning and I checked the wifi signal as well as
making sure the computer wasn’t having trouble with safari. Then I tried the
phone again and it did bring up the weather. Thanks for responding. Any idea
or suggestion is appreciated.

On Oct 12, 2015, at 7:46 AM, Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Which iPhone is this happening with, which IOS version please? I would
suggest you try to ping the phone make sure the network connection really
is up. If it is then restart the phone see if it reestablishes with the
network correctly. Few other things you could try but let’s get the phone
version and the IOS version to get started.

Thanks
Scott

On Oct 12, 2015, at 5:31 AM, Tracy Duffy <tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

A few different times in the past couple of weeks, I’ve gone to get the
weather report and gotten the message that no information is available. If
I then try to go to the weather app from the local news, it ells me safari
can’t find the server. My wifi is fine and I have 3 of 3 bars on the
signal. My computer is having no trouble with safari opening web sites, so
what is happening here? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks. Never had this
happen before and I’ve had an Iphone for over 4 years now. (shrug)

Tracy Duffy
tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:tracyduffy@xxxxxxxxx>

"Caution. Exposure to music may cause sudden outbursts of joy, happiness,
energy, creativity, awareness and spontaneous healing. Handle at your own
risk." — unknown