[mac4theblind] Re: How do you get to the suggested spelling if you have it on spellcheck as you are typing?

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 15:35:17 -0400

weird, I replied to the wrong message.

On Jun 26, 2012, at 3:32 PM, David Hilbert Poehlman wrote:

vo to the misspelled word, vo-shift-m and vo down through the list I believe.
That's the way I do it with spelling turned off.

On Jun 18, 2012, at 9:24 PM, Jenny Keller wrote:

I think I did that and I'm not sure it worked.  Well, that situation has more
suggestion alternatives than the spellcheck before you send the message that's
automatic before you send a message.

I'll keep playing with it.

thanks John and all.

Jenny
On Jun 16, 2012, at 2:16 PM, John Panarese wrote:

>   When you are on the word and you hear the sound for suggested alternatives,
> hit the down arrow key and then use the left or right arrows to see the
> suggestions.  if you find a suggestion, hit enter to accept it.  If the word
> is spelled correctly, hit escape to reject the alternatives.
>

> Take Care
>
> John D. Panarese
> Director
> Mac for the Blind
> Tel, (631) 724-4479
> Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com
>
> APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION
>
> AUTHORIZED APPLE STORE BUSINESS AFFILIATE
>
> MAC and iOS VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT
>

> On Jun 16, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Jenny Keller <jlperdue3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> the subject says it all, I can get it to tell me what is spelled wrong, but
>> I can't figure out how to get to the suggested spellings and how to choose
>> them.
>>
>> Help please.

>>   The url for this list, where one can unsubscribe or make any changes to

>>   All emails intended for the list owner can be sent to:

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time