[mac4theblind] Re: How can I not transfer my music to my new iPhone 5?

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 19:34:45 -0500

you'll find an option for this in advanced itunes preferences whether or not
your device(s) is/are connected.  once connected if the checkbox is unchecked
nothing will happen unless you tell it to.

On Dec 30, 2012, at 8:17 AM, Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, this is perhaps my most important question to date about my new iPhone
5. Let me explain.

Basically I have an external hard drive which consists of all my music
collection over the years ripped from CD's. I have an iPod Nano 16GB, 4th
Generation that I use for all my music.

Now at present I haven't connected my iPhone to the computer via its lighting
cable because I don't want it to automatically synk my music library onto my
iPhone as I have rather a lot and to be honest call this weird but I want to be
able to use my nano for my music and my iPhone for apps and in general just as
a phone. lol

So if anyone could tell me when connecting my iPhone for the first time, how I
can get it to not synk and never synk my music content over to it but also when
I use my nano how I can automatically synk my music collection to it again.

I relies that this might be a complicated process which is is why I'm asking
also I want to be able to connect the iPhone to say do a backup of its content
now and then which is why at some point I would need to connect it to a
computer. I will be using my 13 inch, Mac Book Pro 2011 the one that's non
recna and has the CD drive in it. It also has mountain Lion on it and is
currently using the latest version of iTunes. 11.1

I Look forward to hearing what I should or    not do in this process. LOL

Thanks

Hands-on technolog(eye)s
Touching the internet
Reducingtechnology's' Disabilities