[mac4theblind] Have noticed a considerable improvement my end with the Daniel compact voice. Anyone else noticed any improvements with the Nuance voices compact or normal?

  • From: Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:37:26 +0100

Hi all, have been playing with the new updated versions of the nuance TTS
voices.
I tried them all but none of them were any different to me with the exception
of the Compact Daniel voice. LOL I can remember when it couldn't pronounce the
letter P proaply. It just seems to be more understandable in writing and
listening. This is great because I'm hearing in pared and I'm glad Apple has
listened.
I have sent an email to apple accessibility explaining the improvements and
suggested it would be logical to update the TTS's in the up coming version of
IOS6. I suggest if one feels the same way then just drop them an email. The
more people report there findings and compliment them on there improvements
then it can only get better right? Hopefully not worse!
Anyway I am wondering has anyone else noticed improvements to what Nuance TTS
you use in your every day life.

Look forward to some friendly banta on the subject!

Take care all and enjoy your Wednesday where ever you happen to be in the
world!