[mac4theblind] Re: GarageBand 6 - tracklist not accessible?

  • From: Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mack for the blind list blind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:46:56 -0700

I'be used GB10 for successfully releasing 3 albums so yeah I already know it
can be used, except for the midi thing, but since I never use midi I'm not
worried yet. and I just up and down arrow and memorise my tracks list no check
boses needed.

On Apr 24, 2015, at 9:16 AM, Pavel Vlček <kontakt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am learning with GB 10 now. In GB 6, I can not interact with track list, in
GB10 it works normally. There are some other accessibility issues, but GB 10
can be used for my needs.
Thank you,
Pavel V

24. 4. 2015 v 18:12, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

This response is utterly useless

-- Jonnie Appleseed with his Hands-On Technolog(eye)s touching the internet
Reducing technologys' disabilities one byte at a time

On Apr 24, 2015, at 10:21 AM, Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pavel,

It works fine with Mavericks I have never upgraded.

Here are some things you can try.
1. Make sure your mouse is following the Voiceover curser.
2. Make sure that you are interacting with the tracks list.

3. You mite want to download GarageBand 10. The new GarageBand 10 update
will not delete GarageBand 6 it should put it in a folder. There is a
learning curve but it is not steep and here is a guide to help you learn,
http://icanworkthisthing.com/docs/mac_with_voiceover/audio/GarageBand10_accessibility_overview_draft4.shtml
I think that there are folks on this list using GarageBand 10.
HTH
kr
We are Braille Bible printers,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Apr 24, 2015, at 6:29 AM, Pavel Vlček <kontakt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear friends,
I have interesting issue with GarageBand old version and OSX 10.10.3. I can
not see track list with voiceover. When I press key left or right, Vo is
silent. Do you have the same issue?
Thank you,
Pavel V