[mac4theblind] Re: El Capitan is available

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 17:14:07 -0400

I’d just read the Applevis article and decide for yourself. I am running it
now and have experienced only a few things at the moment. No email bugs on the
iMac 2.15 and no calendar issues. I have not used Safari since my beta testing
on my MBP.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer

On Oct 2, 2015, at 4:38 PM, Nesma Aly <nesmaaly123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Other than the issues that have already been on this list about the new Mac
update, is there any thing that is a concern to people wanting to update
today?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 2, 2015, at 14:59, John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It might be a security update for Yosemite. All updates are free. El
Capitan is a free download. You might have to do a search in the app store
for it.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer

On Oct 2, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Nesma Aly <nesmaaly123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why does it ask me in the App Store to get an upgrade for a new software?
And what does this mean? Do I have to pay anything to get the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 30, 2015, at 16:08, John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi guys,
Today, OS X 10.11 El Capitan became available for download. As with any
operating system, there are bugs to be aware of. Alex Hall of Applevis
kindly put together some info I’ve taken from another list and am pasting
below this message.

Keep in mind that not all bugs show up on everyone’s machines and just
because a bug is listed, it doesn’t mean you will experience it. To be
honest, about half of what Alex includes has not been experienced here,
while I’ve had a few that he does not list as well.

Bug List:
http://www.applevis.com/blog/mac-os-x-news/accessibility-bugs-os-x-1011-el-capitan-serious-minor

New Features Blog:
http://www.applevis.com/blog/assistive-technology-mac-os-x-news/whats-new-os-x-1011-el-capitan-voiceover-users