[mac4theblind] Re: Bluetooth braille display question for iPhone

  • From: Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 12:05:23 +0000

One thing you might tries rebooting your phone. This is not destructive so you
won’t lose any data.

Hold down the power and home keys for about 15 seconds. Hold them firmly and
at the same time. Your phone will restart, the Apple will appear on your
display and after 20 seconds or so your phone will vibrate and Voice Over will
start. Make sure you got to settings, general, accessibility and enable triple
click home for Voice Over. This means no matter what happens to your phone you
can hit the home button 3 times and Voice Over will start.

Good luck

On Jun 17, 2015, at 5:22 PM, Amber Wallenstein <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello,
I have an iPhone 6 running the latest iOS. Everything was working fine on my
braille display until last night when I had to reset all settings. Now when I
pair my display with my phone, when writing text messages and other things,
it will not allow me to leave the edit field. In order to get it to work
again, I have to lock my phone and unlock it.
I have tried for getting the Bluetooth device, with no luck. Does anyone have
any thoughts on this? It just started happening.
Thanks.
Amber.
PS. It is a focus 40 blue display.

Sent from my iPhone************