[mac4theblind] Re: Adding a Hauppauge card to Fusion

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:30:56 +0100

this is where things get tricky.

I wish you mentioned it was a mac pro and your card is PCI?

is the card installed physically? if so, then you're using PCI-e (PCI Express).
there's a huge band of difference between PCI, PCI-X and PCI-e interfaces in
the board pin layout and fitting to the mainboard.

if the card's installed to the mac and VMWare's trying to find out what the
interface is, go to Hauppauge site, download the latest drivers and apps used.

if not, then you may need a PCI-e card version or USB.

lew