[mac4theblind] Re: Accessible typing programs

  • From: Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mack for the blind list blind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 12:39:54 -0700

What do you mean accessibal typing programs? I use text edit which works fine
for me as a text editor and pages for when I need to do other complex things.

On Jul 7, 2015, at 11:00 AM, Nesma Aly <nesmaaly123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew of accessible typing programs that work on mac
I know to that work on windows but I am not planning to run Windows on my Mac
computer

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2015, at 22:18, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh. Well keep what we give you in a note book or what ever this way it will
be easier for you. I also do tutorials and am working on a book for the next
os. Obviously I can't finish the book yet. Lol! but yeah it should be fun.
and write your own QS guide that will help you. This is how the training
materials started out, for a friend, then it branched out from there.

Take care and be blessed and happy Monday.

Welcome to the tffp podcast. For more info go to our website:
http://tffppodcast.com
and for stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go to
http://tffppodcast.com/premium
On Jul 6, 2015, at 5:45 PM, Nesma Aly <nesmaaly123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't actually have a Mac yet but I'm thinking about getting one so I
decided to join the list to see what information I could learn

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2015, at 14:33, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, the box in voice over utilities does need to be checked in orer to
check the time and use talking dashboard or what ever is out there now a
days. I don't know why it was unchecked this morning when you tried to
check the time. Did you turn key board commander on with vo shift k after
checking that box? if so you did everything right.
On Jul 6, 2015, at 11:06 AM, Nesma Aly <nesmaaly123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does script need to be in in a board before you can use keyboard
shortcuts to check the time date etc.?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2015, at 14:04, <gracewellness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<gracewellness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm a little confused. Yesterday, following your instructions I invoked
keyboard commander to be able to check the time. So why now allow voice
over to be controlled with apple scripts was unchecked?
I know nothing about scripts.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>