[mac4theblind] Re: AT&T enables 3G facetime

  • From: Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:21:11 -0500

FaceTime works fine on AT&T 3G but would be more challenging on Sprint or
Verizon do to the different transmission methods.  The AT&T HSPA+ network is
capable of up to 14 megabits on paper (I've seen north of 21 in reality) and on
the up channel 3 -6 (I've seen 10).  That  should be enough bandwidth to do
full 30 frame non drop HD.
        Verizon and Sprint on the other hand will have a hard time reaching 2
megabits and 600K on the down / up channels respectively.  So if you're using a
4S or iPad like me on AT&T it works really well.  Your milage may vary though.

Thanks
Scott