[mac4theblind] Re: A Scanning question

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 19:42:29 -0400

The problem is that Skim or Preview will only allow you to read text PDF
files. As Sarah said, most likely, one system might be performing OCR on the
file which is allowing you to read it.

Image Capture on the Macm for example, will scan to an image file.
However, some scanners do have software that will do OCR and generate a text
PDF.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer

On Jun 13, 2015, at 7:28 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would not be able to help you as I no longer use any scanning apps as for
now I don't need to

Tke care.
On Jun 13, 2015, at 1:56 PM, Angus MacKinnon <flodabay@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sarah

Thank you. Both parties do niot have OcR. I am not sure how to check if the
Epson WF 2540 has built in OCR.

Vaquero and the human Angus