[lupa-dev] Re: Problems building on OS X

  • From: Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nic Pottier <nicpottier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:52:36 +0100

Hi,

please use the mailing list for help requests.

Nic Pottier, 21.12.2010 14:25:
> Thanks for the hard work on Lupa, looks to be just what I need.

Happy to hear that.

> However, I'm having trouble getting it going on Snow Leopard (OS X).
>
> I can build the latest version of LuaJIT no problem, and
>
> % python setup.py build
>    and
> % python setup.py install
>
> don't output any errors

Could you provide their complete output?

> but when it comes to import lupa I get the following:

> lagom:lupa-0.18 root# python
> Python 2.6.1 (r261:67515, Jun 24 2010, 21:47:49)
> [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646)] on darwin
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in<module>
>    File "lupa/__init__.py", line 25, in<module>
>      from lupa._lupa import *
> ImportError: No module named _lupa

> Any ideas?

That's just saying that something went wrong during installation, the
interesting information is in the build log.

> Is there a github repo by chance?

No, there isn't currently a repo. I've considering to open one up
somewhere, though, and github may be a suitable choice. Anyway, there
aren't currently any unreleased changes, so this doesn't have high priority.

Stefan